Granola--a healthy mix of grains, nuts and seeds--is as nutritious for dogs as it is for people, with lots of protein, healthy fats and fiber! All nuts and seeds are high in mono– and polyunsaturated fats, providing a concentrated source of energy, as well as an aid in proper cell structure, function and promoting a healthy coat and skin.
The nutritional and beneficial health effects of whole foods are surprisingly higher than you may think. In fact, the difference is staggering when compared to processed foods. Mother Nature was not fooling around when it came to the menu! And, Beasley's Grrr...nola is made with 100% all organic, human-grade ingredients. It is a nutritious treat and so are any leftover crumbles - sprinkle them over your dog's regular meals for a little variety!
- Oats contain a specific type of fiber known as beta-glucan. This special fiber lowers cholesterol levels, and also significantly enhances the immune system's response to bacterial infection. In addition to its fiber benefits, oats are also a very good source of selenium, contributing a powerful boost to the vital antioxidant systems throughout the body.
- Quinoa--"Kin-wa," most commonly considered a grain, is actually a relative of leafy green vegetables like spinach and Swiss chard. Native to South America, was once known as “The Gold of the Incas.” Quinoa is not only high in protein, but in fact, supplies a complete protein—meaning that it includes all nine essential amino acids!
- Pumpkin Seeds are a naturally rich source of phytosterols—a cholesterol lowering nutrient. In fact, phytosterols beneficial effects are so dramatic that they have been extracted from soybean, corn, and pine tree oil and added to processed foods, such as "butter."
- Flaxseed Meal: For dogs, a small amount goes a long way. It is rich in an abundance of omega-3 fatty acids which provide anti-inflammatory benefits as well bone protection.
- Chia Seeds are great for the athletic dog because they are highly hydrophilic. Being hydrophilic means it absorbs large amounts of water. Chia Seeds absorb over 10 times their weight in water- greatly enhancing hydration in our bodies. They absorb the water we drink holding it in our system longer.
- Organic Raw Honey has many health benefits for dogs. One spoonful is a good way to give him a natural burst of energy. It also promotes better digestion—being pre-digested by bees –it contains live enzymes which help him digest his food. These same live enzymes kill off harmful microbes and bacteria. Used topically on a wound or ingested keeps dogs healthier and more capable of fighting off illness.
- Peanuts:Roasted peanuts (as in peanut butter) rival the antioxidant content of blackberries and strawberries, and are far richer in antioxidants than apples, carrots or beets!! In fact, peanuts provide resveratrol, the phenolic antioxidant also found in red grapes and red wine.
Ingredients: Whole organic oats, organic peanut butter, raw organic honey, organic raw pumpkin seeds, organic flax seed meal, organic chia seeds.